Sunday, May 20, 2012

Mosaic Monday: Feeling Blue






I spent a very busy week moving my daughter home from college, and getting her set to go to China for a two-week course.  So I didn't really use my hand too much, and it feels a lot better!  We will see this week if it stays OK.  If not, I promise to go to the doctor.  Seriously.  ;)

My favorite color -- blue -- is bursting forth in the garden this week.  Siberian iris and veronica make up this little bouquet, along with some yellow dandelions and buttercups.  I love this little blue bottle, too.  My father was a heavy equipment operator, and was always digging up bottles and bits of dishes.  This little blue bottle just glows in the sunlight!

I'm almost done with filling all the pots on the deck, and I went back to the Cross Estate Gardens this week for a family photo session, so I hope to have some new photos for you later this week.  Happy Spring, dear bloggers!

Here are the instructions to join today's post:
1. Publish your Mosaic Monday post. The post may be about any subject you wish. The only stipulation is that it include a collage, or mosaic of photos.
2. Once it is published, click on the title of the post. This will lead you to the static link for your post. The static link is the page with only that post on it. Copy the url from your browser at the top of the page.
3. Paste the url into the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
4. Type your name in the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
5. Click on "Enter."
6. Please link back to this Mosaic Monday post so that your readers can find other wonderful mosaics.

That's all there is to it! It's always a good idea to then check and see if your link is working. If you have any questions, feel free to email me: mrcarroll(at)optonline.net

And a quick reminder: if you would like to join Mosaic Monday but don't know quite where to start, there is a tutorial on mosaic-making on my sidebar. Just scroll down, and click on the small blue mosaic.


33 comments:

  1. Beautiful set of images, all blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary,
    What a sweet little vase and I love your flowers. Two weeks in China will be an amazing journey for your daughter.

    So glad to hear that your hand is feeling better too.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blues! Exciting trip for your daughter. Glad to hear your hand is better. Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite color is blue, too! Very pretty and soothing! I hope your hand continues to feel better! Hugs! And Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your hands feel better, Mary. I know the feeling of this pain, as I have the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful images! (Blue is my favourite colour!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Mary
    The tiny cobalt blue bottle is perfect for your miniature bouquet.
    It sounds like an exciting trip for your daughter, thank heavens for the technology so you can keep in touch.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the blue flowers and also the pillow....
    Hope your hand is well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy spring to you Mary. I love your blue flowers and bottle. My Siberian Iris are just starting to open. Your photos are lovely.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so love your site. Everything is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear your hand is feeling better! I hope your daughter has a wonderful trip - I was in China six years ago for work and had the opportunity to do some sightseeing too.
    I love the blue in your garden - such a soothing color.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such lovely photos you got there! I especially love the blue bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful flowers and the little blue vase is precious. Moving kids to and from college is very hard. Do take it easy now and hope the hand continues to heal.
    Have a wonderful week.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having a problem with the linking system. My post can be found at the following
      http://cashjocky.blogspot.com/2012/05/watermelon-carvings.html

      Delete
  15. Beautiful photos, Mary! I love Veronica; I used to have some in my perennial garden when we lived in Greensboro, NC. They're great for flower arrangements. I like all your photos, but I think the last one is my favorite. Thanks for hosting Mosaic Monday and have a great day.

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your daughters trip. My niece is a pharmacist and is in Australia now.I have the same blue bottle. I have about 12 in my collection. You might go to Target or Walmart and find you a mesh like glove to help you hand. I had to do that when I first took up basket making. You can find them in the pharmacy section with all the knee and back supports etc.
    Your hand might start up hurting again when you spend more time on the computer.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Mary, your pictures just POP!! The colors are so vibrant and very calming. My father also use to collect bottles, but haven't seen them around in a while. Don't know what he did with them. He passed many years ago. Thanks for hosting Mosaic Monday. It's always a joy.
    Hugs,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your photos are lovely as usual but I do hope your hand is better soon! Take care and rest it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful photos, that blue really glows. My daughter traveled to many, many countries while have was in college it is a great learning experience. Hope she has fun, thanks for hosting, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  20. For any Mother it's ever easy to let go but we must to let our children grow.
    Beautiful blues!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely blue colour! Glad to hear your hands are better.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's my favourite sort of bouquet - and favourite colours. I'm glad to read that your hand is feeling better - I hope it stays that way!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So glad to hear your hand is feeling better! The bouquet is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These blues are breathtaking!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your blue flowers are beautiful and moody. Love them! The dandelion adds the perfect touch of whimsy. I'm glad your hand is starting to feel better. Hope it continues.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Mary,
    Nothing revives ones heart and soulthan spending time with our children. So grateful for your Mother ~ Daughter time!!! These blue photos are so regal with their simplicity! God continue to heal your hand, dear friend!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your photos are lovely. My daughter spent a semester in Italy and I was a wreck. She even had boyfriends there and that made me even more nervous. But she is home now and is a very well rounded person. The experience was great for her. Thank you for hosting mosaic monday. It is another creative thing for me to explore and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Mary, I am glad that you rested your hand a bit, and that soon you shall have some relief. The Siberian Iris are so beautiful, such a great shade of blue. the little bottle that your father found...incredible little find, very sweet~

    ReplyDelete
  29. My siberian iris became overgrown and stopped blooming so a couple of years ago I finally divided and moved it...it still isn't blooming:( Good thing I get to enjoy your blue wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello Mary!
    Beautiful post and your flowers are lovely . Thank you for hosting.
    ~Clara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!